Friday, April 3, 2009

Madeline's obession with the middle finger

So, this seems to have stemmed from some kids on her bus, because even though i have a bit of a potty mouth, I don't flip the bird. Anyway, Madeline says to me last night "Mom, my friend told me that you will go to the Devil if you put up your middle finger, is she right?" I used this as my opportunity to snuff this middle finger crap and told her yes. Boy, i was NOT expecting what happened next. Down to the ground she goes, freaking out. I say, "madeline, have you been putting up your middle finger?" "yes, only once. I don't want to go to the Devil, I'm scared!" (boy did i feel bad). "well, Maddy, just don't do it anymore and you'll be fine" "But what if i forget...waaaahhhhh" So, i retract the whole conversation to tell her that the Devil isn't going to get her, i was just teasing and to stop freaking out. Of course, this whole episode spanned across about 15 minutes, with Jordan in the background asking "if the devil lives in the ground, why hasn't anybody found him when they are digging holes to build houses? " ARGH - i finally say "we aren't talking about the devil anymore!"